Thursday, February 24, 2011

Easter Shirts

This post could also be called 2 down 3 to go. These are the only two Easter shirts mind you but I still have 2 dresses and one pair of shorts to go. Thankfully I also have plenty of time. Still to come are Elijah's shorts, Emily's dress, and my dress.
Here's the super happy father son on the back porch shot. Fabric is 100% cotton fashion avenue shirting from Fabric.com. No link though because I bought the last of it. Elijah's shirt is the Oliver and S sketchbook shirt. Daddy's shirt is Kwik Sew 3422.
I've blogged about both before so there is not much more to say there. I do still really like both patterns though. I had to really make myself pay attention since I mostly remembered the directions but not completely.


I tried to get some better pictures of Elijah this time but it was cold outside so he wouldn't stay out for long. I've decided that I'm a big fan of the band collar on him though.  I wasn't sure at first but it seems like a great solution to the fact that he simply can't be bothered with properly folding down a regular collar.  At least until the Miami Vice look comes back in.  Believe me he is ready for that.
I'm so glad I took the time to learn how to make shirts.  I love how the shoulder seems are done in these so they are concealed.  I'll try to take some pictures next time I make one.  I'll try to get some more sew a longs done soon.  Don't worry about Neil and Elijah they like matching.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm still only in the planning stages for Easter sewing. I'm impressed that you've got 2 shirts finished already.

    ReplyDelete

Followers