Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One More On Yard Wonder

My friend Angela brought me a shirt a few months ago that her husband had somehow managed to ripe most of the front placket out of. I have no idea how he pulled this off but it made upcycling the shirt quite challenging. Sometimes challenging is fun though and it was too nice of fabric to waste. She wanted a jumper of some sorts so I decided to give the All-Ages Classic Jumper from One Yard Wonders a try. This one didn't have any actual pattern pieces to trace and was easy to cut out since its really just a bunch of rectangles. The only change I made from the directions was putting the button holes on the front band, like the picture in the book, rather then on the straps and the directions seemed to suggest. The bloomers are from Otto 3/2010

and the buttons don't really match but they had been in my stash for a while and I thought the looked cute.

I actually really like how this turned out. Maybe I'll make Emily one this summer. It would also be easy to do a smaller width with a longer length. Plus it has elastic in the back that could be made tighter on a long and skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers