Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sketchbook Shorts

Wow! He looks just please as punch to be getting his picture taken doesn't he? In his defense this was the second time I'd made him try on the very same pair of shorts.
The shorts are the Oliver + S sketchbook shorts. Made to go with Elijah's Easter shirt made from the same pattern. Sizing was a big challenge as his waist put him in a size 6 but his height put him in a size 12. I ended up tracing a size 8 with size 12 length and rise. I'm thinking this didn't quite work as they are really fluffy on him but they will do for now. As a side not the way the pattern lines are drawn on the sheet makes it harder then usual to merge sizes.
Truth be told as much as I loved the shirt on this pattern and will continue to wholeheartedly recommend it as a shirt pattern I do not love the shorts. While they do have a fax fly the waistband is one piece that you top stitch and put a button on. In addition the directions are very good for doing an all around elastic waist but lacking if you just want to do a plain front. I guess mostly I just think they look like little boy pants to me and Elijah is not such a little boy anymore so we'll be using these for church this summer but I will be trying out an otto pattern for additional shorts.


Oh and if your playing along with the home game that is one more Easter garment done. Now I just have to finish Emily and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers