Saturday, May 14, 2011

Emma Top

OK this is not actually called the Emma top but the Purigia or vintage-silk blouse from Ottobre 2/2011. Design number 9 to be precise. It reminds me of Emma Pillsbury from Glee though. Maybe not so much with the pj pants that I'm sporting in these pictures but with the skirt I made it to go with.
I made it out of white swiss dott fabric that is pretty sheer. The directions in the magazine were OK but not great. I got turned around on the collar a few times and ended up deciding to finish it with a bit of bias tape instead of doing it their way. I also used bias tape to bind the sleeves rather then cutting bias strips of the fabric. That was just laziness on my part though.
I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm not entirely sure that its my style but it I will be wearing it this summer. Mostly with the skirt I linked but probably just with shorts as well.
Do forgive me this picture I just had to pose like the super cheesy cover photo. There were some cute pictures in this issue but the photo spread was worse then usual.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this, especially in the fabric you chose. I wouldn't have thought the tie neck thing was my style, but it's been growing on me in the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Followers