Saturday, May 28, 2011

Love This Shirt

This month's sewing mamas challenge was to sew something for a Dad. Your dad, your kids dad, some random dad that you happen to know whatever just had to be a dad. I decided to make another shirt for my husband who of course is also known as my kid's dad.
I used the Kwik Sew 3422. The same pattern that I used for his Easter shirt only short sleeved this time. The fabric is a yarn dyed cotton that I picked up from Fabric.com when I got the fabric for my portfolio dress. I just love the colors for spring and summer.
I decided to cut the back yoke on the bias so that I didn't have to match up the plaid there.  Other then that I did my best to keep the lines well lining up. 
As you can see from the pictures my husband was quite pleased.  Much like my son does he asked if he could wear it for the rest of the day.  Then he wore it the next day as well all with the marker still showing at the button holes.  Oh well, he didn't seem to mind and its good to be appreciated.
If you haven't gotten brave and made a men's shirt yet it really isn't that hard and this pattern holds your hand through the process. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about starting to make my husband shirts. As though I don't have enough on my plate? I just can't stomach spending actual real money on shirts for work when they only last him a year or so. Or *should* only last a year. Which reminds me - it's time to sneak in and clean out his closet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it one of these days. I have a to do list a mile long as well. If only I spent as much time sewing as I do thinking about sewing. I've found some great deals on shirt fabric though and imo fitting my husband is much easier then fitting myself. Its much more like fitting one of my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Followers