A few weeks ago Emily found a romper at Target and begged me to buy it for her. I made her very mad and said no. I really don't buy much of her clothing these days as I enjoy sewing way too much for that. Instead I promised to make her one. The challenge being that when she is at the Y she is expected to handle going potty with no help so I didn't want anything with straps that had to be unfastened.
Then I was thinking of something like this but toned down and one piece. At about the same time Kori posted a picture of the rompers she had made her daughter and I was sold. Too bad she wasn't selling a pattern bc the paypal would have been sent before I gave it even a second thought. Hopefully she will get that tutorial done one of these days.
Ms. Madaline pattern and the bottom from the baby romper in otto 3/2011. I added just a little width to the dress top since she would need to get in and out through it and shirred the neck and arms instead of putting in elastic. I added length to the romper but then ended up having to take it right back out. It was designed for diaper room and Emily does not need that.