Friday, May 27, 2011

Shirt Surgery

Guess what I did last Sunday! That's right I got up at 5:30 to go line up with 600+ other crazy people for the chance to run 13.1 miles. It really sounds crazy when you say it like that doesn't it? In short I ran my first 1/2 marathon. I guess it sounds a bit crazy that way as well. I'm so glad I did it though.

I know your wondering what on earth this has to do with sewing right? Well everyone who ran the race got a running shirt made out of wicking fabric and they told us the women's shirts ran small. So I ordered an xl. Not my usual shirt size but I figured better too big then too small I can work with too big after all. Good thing too because if you ordered an xl you got a men's shirt. That's right ladies someone decided that if you asked for an xl you were likely the size and build of an xl man. Bite me I say.

Thankfully I can sew and have a long standing love affair with the tee patterns from otto 2/07. I cut mine apart and used the arms and side curve of the pattern to redo my race shirt. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I kept all the length from the original so I wouldn't have to hem it and so my tummy would be nice and covered.
If you would like to see what I looked like in the last 100 yards of the race check the picture below. I didn't make any of these clothes but I don't think I look bad for someone who'd been running for over 2 hours. I'm enjoying some cross training these days but I imagine I'll do another big race one day.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Go Stephanie!!! So proud of you! You are one awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete

Followers