This week the Sew Weekly challenge is to refashion something in your closet that is not getting much love into something that hopefully will. I choose a berry colored droopy linen dress for my project. I bought it last year because it was on sale and I loved the color. The problem being that it was at least a size too big. Well that and that I could never figure out what to do with the long scarf like crinkle sash.
this tutorial. That didn't quite work out though. I decided to sew the 1.5in top elastic in only to realize that made it nearly impossible to make the paper bag part over the elastic. Then I didn't care for how the bottom looked so I sewed 0.5in elastic there to create a bubble effect. I'm not totally sure about this look either but I like that its both comfy and a little different.