Saturday, September 10, 2011

Asymmetric Top

This top is my second Burda Style Magazine creation. No its not from the same one as the bubble dress but it was also an impulse buy. This is the asymmetric top from 07/2011. Its also online though I bought the magazine. I wasn't sure about the line drawing but liked the pictures so I decided to be brave. I think I like the results though I'm still deciding.

The top was easy to make.  You just have to pay close attention when you are tracing and mark everything well.  This is a case where right, left, front, and back matter much more then usual.  The only change I made was to put elastic in the bottom instead of doing a bottom band.  I'm not 100% pleased with this though and am seriously considering just taking it out and doing a rolled hem at the bottom. I think I liked the way it hung better without the elastic.  Opinions?


Just for fun here's an action shot.  I bought the white fabric right after we decided to go on our cruise.  It just felt tropical to me.  I didn't get any great modeling shots on the ship but I do have it on over my swim suit here.  Plus you get to see the cool turtle.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cotton fabric. I think the top looks good but perhaps would sway to having no elastic at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Followers