Monday, October 17, 2011

Red Eyed Tree Frog

Elijah loves frogs. Particularly red eyed tree frogs. I have no idea why?  I've asked and all he say is they are just so cute.

I bought the frog fabric from anther sewing mama.  Then I fancied up the green with freezer paper stenciling.
The pattern is design 30, Drums hooded raglan-sleeve T-shirt, from Otto 4/08.  Its been one of our favorites for a while now.  He is a big fan of hoodies and I feel like the style allows me to use prints without making shirts that look like pj tops.
Here's a back short.  I stenciled a tree frog on the back for fun.  Usually I use fabric paint but this time I bought neon green paint only to discover that it had glitter in it.  Little note to the people at tulip.  If you want to put glitter in paint I'm OK with it but my son is not so please put that information on the label. So I ended up using regular paint and textile medium.  Not sure if I'll do this again but it worked well and seems to be holding up.
One last shot. Isn't he a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers