Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Franken June

This is going to be my entry in the Project Run and Play Sew Along Challenge for week one.  The challenge was to remix the June Bug Dress from Craftiness is not Optional.  I spent a good bit of time daydreaming and ended up doing a serious frankenpattern job.
The top part of the over dress is the June bug top morphed into a bit of an a-line using the Carla C jumper pattern.  I used the bib part to make the crossover bodice.  Then I merged that with the outer skirt for the Violet Fields Vivienne Skirt (better known as the last pattern I bought in 2011).
The under dress is the Fabernmix Olivia merged with the Vivienne under skirt.  I had to add an extra ruffle to the underskirt for length.
I hope you like it.  Here's a gratuitous number of pictures just to make sure you can see it from every angle.  It came out a bit fluffier then I had in mind but Emily is thrilled to pieces and that's really what its all about isn't it?






1 comment:

  1. So, so cute! I love all those pictures! My favorite part is the cute ruffled skirt. You are so talented! Thanks so much for linking up to Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers