Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Bunny Dress

I could have also called this the "Emily loves bunnies" dress because that is why I made it. I got a Silhouette cutting system for Christmas and wanted to do a simple dress with some stenciling. I had these two pieces of purple knit that sort of went together and were not big enough for much on their own and well Emily likes bunnies.
The dress is number 18 from Otto 6/2011 also known as my last new Otto for at least a year.  Its all gray and black in the magazine so you really couldn't see the details but I thought it would be fun and liked the line drawing.  I did the usual so 98 width with 104 length.  I wish I had added even more to the skirt but hopefully she will wear it as a tunic next year.  I  like the pattern but the neck doesn't seem to sit super well so I doubt I will make it again.
The stenciling was fun.  I used my new machine to cut the bunnies in freezer paper then painted them with fabric paint.  Its holding up reasonably well though I think I prefer acrylic paint with textile medium mixed in.  I'm also having a great time with my new toy.  I'm looking forward to doing some fun miniboden inspired dresses and tees this spring.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute dress! The stenciling turned out great! Makes me wish my kids were small again!

    glosews

    glosews@sew-a-longs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed. Those bunnies are so cute! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers