Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Umm Knitting



When I was pregnant with the above little bugger I became nearly obsessive about knitting and crocheting.  I only knitted in the round and only made hats and longes but I was a woman obsessed and in love.  I dyed my own wool and everything.  Then Emily was born and I stopped.  So imagine my near panic when a few months ago I really wanted to knit again.  Thankfully here are no more of these little things on the way.  I think it was just a reaction to all the cute stuff on pinterest but she did get a super cute tunic out of the deal.

Just for kicks here's a picture of Emily in a pair of longies I made her while I was pregnant.
This little tunic is made from a free pattern I found on pinterest.  Its all knitted in the round and was thankfully very easy.  I made the 2/3 size with a good bit of extra length. Its done from the top down so I just added till I was happy with how long it was.

Its made out of pink sparkly yarn.  I'm pretty sure you can guess who picked that out but it was also on sale and we're both pink fans so it worked.  Since the making of this I have not knitted anything else.  I kind of want to make myself this cowl but we'll see.  At the moment I'm smocking for Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! Smocking is my favorite. I can't wait to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete

Followers