Thursday, February 23, 2012

Boy Jeans

This is Elijah.  He does not like having his picture taken or changing clothes in the middle of the day for not good reason.  He is also grows like a weed and wears through the knees of pants constantly.  I love him just the same though and he was in need of a new pair of jeans.  Well or two or three but we're starting with one pair here.

I made these out of the same denim that I made my first pair of jeans out of.  It seems pretty sturdy so I hope they will hold up for a while.

I asked for Jalie 2107 the pants and shorts pattern thinking it was a jeans pattern.  I don't know why I thought this as there are not jeans on the cover but I did.  Thankfully they were pretty close though.  All I had to do was adjust the back so that it had a yoke instead of darts which is actually quite easy to do.  Well adjust the back, make them out of denim, and of course do lots and lots of top stitching.

He's also a bit hard to size.  His hip measurement is a good 4 sizes smaller then his outseam.  The difference between the waist of the two sizes was 4in and the length difference was 6in.  I ended up tracing both on the same paper then adjusting to have the length and rise of one with the width of the other.  They have a bit of a higher rise then his usual pants but I like this because it means you can't see the top of his boxers.  They also fit well enough that he has to unbutton and unzip them to take them off.  He's a little less thrilled about that but says its  OK.  I don't know if he will get more pants from this pattern but I'm sure there will be lots of shorts this summer and of course pants next winter.  It all depends on what I get around to before it warms up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers