Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Me and Mini Me

Emily believes that she should have first dibs on all of my fabric purchases. Not that she likes everything I buy. She just likes to be the one deciding what is for me and what is for her. That made this particular fabric upsetting for her because I bought it specifically for this weeks Sew Weekly challenge and almost immediately cut out a dress for myself.

You see this weeks challenge was red in honor of Valentines day. Personally I'm not a big fan of red so I did not have any fabric in my stash that would work.  Thankfully Elegant Stitches was having an end of bolt sale and I was able to get nearly 4 yards of Little Folks Voile for 40% off.  To me this screamed "try the Licorice dress."   
Since I knew Emily loved the fabric I was very careful doing my cutting layout and sewing the dress so there would be extra fabric.  There was just enough left to make her this cute little tie back peasant dress.  It is modified from the pattern in Little Girls Big Style
My dress is the Licorice dress from the Colette Sewing Handbook.  It went together beautifully and since I didn't have to alter it I used my muslin as the lining.  The only change I made was leaving off the belt.  Technically I made the belt but I like the dress much better without it.  I cut and sewed a size 10.  Hope you like it.  I'm planning to wear it on a date this weekend and I'm sure lots of other times this spring.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute matching dresses! I love the fabric you used:) Fabulous job!!

    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this fabric, too! And what could be more fun than dressing up together to match?! So sweet! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers