Thursday, March 15, 2012

oh Gwen

I seem to have a weakness for Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Mini Collection or at least some pieces of it. The problem is that a lot of the pieces are more grown up then I like for Emily. I wonder just a bit if she would have designed things differently if she had girls instead of boys but that is neither here nor there.  So I've solved this problem by making pieces to go with the pieces I like. 

Emily saw this shirt at Target and really wanted it.  I mean is Strawberry Shortcake only cooler.  I was not in love with the little red bloomer like short shorts that it matched.  Add to that Emily's lack of love for skirts and it didn't take much to convince her to go to Joann's instead. 

The fabrics we picked were both from the tutti frutti line.  They are almost all poly but they don't wrinkle and wear like nails so I'm working on getting to like them.  I made it a little long on purpose because the shirt is a S not an XS so I'd like for both pieces to fit for a good while.
I also loved this little navy maxi skirt but didn't care for the top.  I just got a stripped top and freezer paper stenciled the star on.  I lucked out and got the star for free from the silhouette store.  I couldn't find paint that was quite dark enough but in person the two blues are much closer.

1 comment:

Followers