Monday, April 30, 2012

Blue Pjs

If you haven't guessed this yet let me go ahead and tell you that Emily prefers pink. If something can't be pink she would like for it to be purple. Except for one funny outlier. She loves blue fabric with flowers.
I got both of these fabrics in a scrap box with The Fabric Fairy was changing hands and the box was free for shipping. She latched on to this blue print immediately but it was only about 3/4 of a yard if that so I wasn't sure what to do with it. Then my Mom got me some pretty pj's for my birthday and Emily decided she needed something similar. I picked the patterns and told her she could pick any knit fabric from my stash. She didn't even have to ponder she was dead set on this.
I didn't actually have a shortie pj pattern but even if I were buying patterns this year I wouldn't have gone shopping. Instead I thumbed through my Otto's and decided on two designs from Otto 3/07. I picked designs 9 and 10. The Sleeveless knit to and the Knit shorts. I jazzed both of them up a bit though. I added light blue ric-rac to the bottom of the shorts and elastic to the waistband. For the shirt I left of the ruffles but added ric-rac to the neck line and sewed a sweet little pink rosebud on the front. I also added a ruffle to the bottom because her favorite part of my jamies was the bottom ruffle. I used a 98 width with added length for both. I think I went all the way to the 110 length for the top bc I wanted more of a tunic.
This is going to be my contribution to the Project Run and Play sew alongs this week. I think it counts as an outfit inspired by a specific color. I'm sure there will be fancier things this week but honestly I'm a little tired after going all out the first three weeks and I just didn't have it in me for this week. Plus I'm trying to make things we actually need and this was something we needed. I have a fun plan for next week. Let's just hope I get it done in time. We have family here this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent job with your tiny 3/4 yard of fabric! And I like the blue ruffle on the bottom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pjs are adorable! I especially like the trim on the bottom of the shorts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable..I love them.. Such cute fabric and love the trmimming.

    ReplyDelete

Followers