Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brighter Then The Sun

This is my first offering for the Project Run and Play sew along challenges this spring. This week we are refashioning a basic circle skirt. Mine is a dress with the top of the Olabethe Emily cami, grass, flowers, and even flower pockets that were inspired by this tutorial.
Initially it was just supposed to be a green and blue dress with flowers. I cut my circle skirt pattern to make a green band at the bottom for grass. I also put green ric rac between those two layers.
Then I remembered having seen a tutorial for a skirt with flower pockets and simply had to add those. I made mine a little differently though because I wanted them to almost blend in with the other flowers.
Speaking of flowers. All my flowers were cut with my Silhouette. I'm so loving that machine.
So why is it the Brighter Then the Sun dress?
Because I have had that song stuck in my head for weeks and I decided a dress with grass, blue skies, and flowers needed a sunshine as well. I did this by making the front of the bodice yellow trimmed with orange ric rac.
I hope you enjoy the ridiculous number of pictures to follow. Emily says this is the best dress I've ever made her. I like this one too. All the flowers took a long time but it was nice to stretch myself a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Well.. I have to agree with Emily...I think this dress is the "best"..It is adorable.. I will be making my grandaughters one. Thanks for sharing.. I enjoyed the beautiful photos..Emily is so cute [bty..My oldest grandauther is named Emily too]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I'll look forward to seeing your version.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT! And those pockets are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make such fun clothes for your daughter! Love the bright colors. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers