Sunday, April 15, 2012

A little housekeeping

No I have not been doing extra house work I'm just calling this a housekeeping post because its a bit of a catch-up post.
This is the outfit I made Emily's friend M for her birthday this year.  This year she is into horse back riding.  Last year was soccer if you remember.  Thankfully, I also had enough of the fabric to make Emily a skirt too because she really wanted it as soon as she saw it.  Its another Vivienne from Violet Fields Threads. This was also the first time I used my Silhouette to cut fabric. I like the results but learned how important it is to remember that I have to sew around all those little turns when I use woven fabric.
This is a close-up of the smocking on Emily's Easter top. This close up you'll be able to tell that my work is not perfect but I'm pleased with the overall results.

I hope you like the tidbits.  I promise the next post will be something truly new.  After all I've got something for both Sew Weekly and Project Run and Play this week.  I'm pleased with both projects too so I can't wait to share.  I have to though because PRP is not quite done and SW has to go up over there first.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I just saw that you were featured at Simple Simon and Co.'s blog for your PR&P circle dress!! Congratulations, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I was pretty excited. There were so many great things it was I really couldn't even be sad about not winning.

      Delete
  2. I love the smocked bishop dress. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Followers