Thursday, May 31, 2012

Love Blouse

This week my Sew Weekly account turned 21 and its Vegas week. I think that's a fitting combo. I had trouble figuring out what to do for Vegas week though. When I think Vegas I think skimpy, sequins, and leopard print none of which I really want more of in my wardrobe. I ended up stretching the idea just a bit more. You see I have very little desire to go to Vegas except that I would love to see the Cirque show LOVE. With that in mind I give you the Love Blouse.
The pattern is the Taffy Blouse from the Colette Sewing Handbook and the fabric is some sheer poly from JoAnns. Sewing it was a bit of a mixed bag. The pattern is great and fits well. The fabric was predictably hard to work with. I tried making my own bias tape following the books directions and it did not go well. My lines did not line up. I also remembered that I don't like the way the seems look in bias tape made this way. I prefer that they all run in the same direction. No problem though I just bought a pack of narrow navy double fold and got on with things. I also left off the back tie.  Back ties just make me think maternity wear and I have no need for that in my lift.
I'm really pleased with this one. I feel like myself in it and it goes with my crazy neon pink shorts. I bought them bc they made me smile before you ask as does this whole outfit.

1 comment:

Followers