Sunday, May 27, 2012

Why Did I Wait So Long?

Last year when the Colette Sorbetto top pattern came out I was not impressed. It just didn't look like something I would like plus I don't like taping pdf patterns together so I gave it a pass.

Then everyone started making them and they all looked great.  So I downloaded it.

Then it got picked as one of the best patterns of 2011.  So I downloaded it again.

Then I signed up for Me Made May and I printed it out, traced it, but remaining unconvinced I cut it out of some scrap fabric left over from this shirt.
Turns out I also wasn't paying close attention. After I got the side seams sewn I noticed that there was a hunk missing from the back and had to piece it.
Then I realized what all the fuss was about.
Now I've got at least one more planned.

2 comments:

  1. Love your sorbetto... THis is the best pattern.. I had made 3 last year..and intend to do more, this summer.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I really like it in plaid.

    ReplyDelete

Followers