Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yeah for Socks

This is a bit of a silly little post but I guess a few months ago now I read a post on Hand Made by Carolyn where she was talking about darning a whole in a handmade sock and it reminded me that way back when Emily was tiny Neil got me a sock knitting book for Christmas. Now no big surprise that a lady with a baby strapped to her front or back for most of every day did not learn to knit socks but the baby turns 5 next month and I figured now was as good a time as any.

 These are my first pair. They are made with thicker yarn and size 7 double pointed needles. As you can tell they are also not quite the same length. I think I've taken better measurements on my second pair and I've also gotten another book that is all about doing 2 at a time so perhaps that will help. I'm not going to promise tuns of knitting posts but hopefully I will get a few in here and there. I seem to enjoy knitting for some of the same reasons I enjoy smocking. Mostly that it can be done sitting on the couch at night or while waiting for a kid at any number of locations.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the mention, and your socks look just great! I really like them in the thicker yarn, and those colours. Sock knitting can be addictive :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers