Friday, October 12, 2012

Its Always Swim Season

Lately the concept of swim season has started reminding me of The Song That Never Ends.  You know the one we all sang at some point to bug the adults around us.  You see my son joined a year round team this year and my daughter joined the pre program for that same team so between the two of them we have 5 or 6 practices a week to attend.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot but it feels like it trust me and if they stick with it that number will just grow.  I'm glad they are doing something they like though.
Emily prefers to wear 1 piece suits for practice though and I only made one of those this summer since tankinis are so much easier to go potty in.  So I made her this one using the free tutorial last week.  I also pulled out my machine's manual and discovered that I have a spandex stitch so this one seems to be holding up much better as well.
It's fully lined with the same fabric and fits pretty well.  I do think I'll be buying a pattern next year but I'm in no rush at the moment.  I'm just glad I don't have to pay full price for practice suits for her at the moment.  Those things are not cheap despite containing almost no fabric.  Now I just wish I could find a boy's suit pattern.  So far I haven't seen anything and while they are relatively simple I'm not sure I want to try without a pattern. 

2 comments:

  1. Em looks so grown up! When did she become 15?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I know you should see here now with the ears.

      Delete

Followers