Monday, October 22, 2012

jeggings

Guess what?  Emily wears pants now.  I had decided to make mostly pants this winter so she had no choice in the matter.  Thankfully once I started making them it turned out that she was pleased.  It probably helps that most of the girls in her class this year also wear pants and leggings but I'm still calling this a major win.
I added bling to these with a hot fix applicator.  I got the idea from Lil Blue Boo but didn't actually pin the tutorial so you'll just have to take my word for it at the moment.  So far I've washed and dried them twice with no last studs though so I'm feeling good about them.
Her favorite part of these and the other 3 pairs that I will show you soon I promise are the butt pockets.  I used the jeggings patterns from Ottobre 3/2011.  Its really just a 3 piece pattern and I wasn't sure how I felt about it until I started adding all of the fun little details.  They are also great for her because you just pull them on and off instead of having to mess with a real fly.
I used 2% spandex stretch denim to make hers and cut the size she needed for length not width.  As you can see the fit is very good.  I think the fabric makes a big difference here though.  I would likely size down if I were using knit fabric and I would suggest adding width if your dd doesn't run slim.  For Emily they are a great fit though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers