Monday, November 19, 2012

doll clothes

I feel like I've been saying this too much lately but our family has been busy lately. I also haven't been sewing as much. I do have some recent doll clothes finished though. The first three sets are for the doll clothes swap on sewing mamas and the jeans are my second attempt at the Liberty Jane skinny jeans pattern that I bought last month.
This is for the swap though I did make the same dress for Emily's doll as well.  The dress if from Simplicity 4786 the only change I made was to bind the neckline instead of using facings.  I just don't like using a facing on a knit dress or top.
This is the skirt from Simplicity 5733.  I added the pockets from my Liberty Jane jeans patterns and a good bit of extra top stitching to make it look more like a girls jeans skirt.  The bones of the Simplicity pattern are just fine and the fit is really nice it just needed some details.
The shirt in this set is the free Liberty Jane tee with some length added to the sleeves.  The pants are from Simplicity 5733 view D again with extra details including the pockets for the jean jacket of the same pattern.  I made them before buying the Liberty Jane pattern.
This top is the Liberty Jane free tee again. 
These are for Emily's doll and to match a pair I made her for her SWAP.  They were made from the same pattern piece as the black pants.
Last but not least this is my second attempt at the Liberty Jane skinny jeans.  I think they turned out pretty well.  They take some time and I still don't have the back lined up quite perfectly but I'm pleased with.
My favorite part is that they have actual functional pockets.  I may add a touch of length next time though. 

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love those minky pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable.. Know Emily will love them

    ReplyDelete

Followers