Monday, December 31, 2012

47 through 50

These are my final 3 creations of 2012 leaving my totals at 63 patterns used for the first time, 50 reuses, and 4 purchased patterns.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.  I'm not sure what the big take away was yet but I have enjoyed the process and I still have quite a few projects that I would like to get to.  I think my goals for 2013 will be to complete a specific projects.  If you want to know which ones you will have to stop by on about Jan 3rd once my parents have gone back home.

This is the skirt from Sewing Clothes Kids Love I've made this pattern a number of times and I always love the results.  I actually cut this one for a Sew Weekly challenge this summer but never got around to the sewing part.  I decided I didn't want to go into 2013 with it still sitting on my UFO shelf.  Its a wardrobe orphan right now though so I'll have to make something to go with it.  Any suggestions?  I'm open to them I don't really have any fabric to go with it either so I'll have to figure something out.
I made this nightie using my brand new cover stitch machine.  We are still making friends so a nightie was the perfect choice.  Its the same pattern and type of fabric as the brown one from a few days ago.  I've got one more of these cut out and then we will have 3 soft nighties.  Hopefully that will be enough to get us through this part of winter because I'm ready to make some lighter weight ones.
This is Emma's Cinderella dress.  It came in the same pattern as her Sleeping Beauty dress.  I like how it turned out and it went together more easily then the first one did.  I also like that part of the skirt is stuffed.
OK, that's it for 2012 I'll see you in 2013 with a goal list and hopefully some neat new projects. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the skirt, I have this book too.I made the skirt for Callie out of scottie dog fabric for CHristmas.She loves it.Will post a photo,when my daughter sends it to me.. I love that skirt pattern, have made it several times.
    Love the nightie too..so sweet as is the doll clothes.
    look forward to seeing what you make in 2013, happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! You got a coverstitch machine!!! I guess you did mention a preference for knits a couple posts ago. Please keep us posted on how that "friendship" is progressing! ;) I like that Cinderella, too. Happy New Year, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers