Sunday, December 23, 2012

Go Alphas

A few months ago my friend Angela asked me if I would consider making a cheer uniform for her daughter's American Girl Doll to match hers.  Now personally I'm not a fan of cheer leading but I am a fan of challenging new sewing projects like say a tiny little color blocked shirt with ribbon detail.  
For a reference here is what their uniforms look like.  Angela got me the Simplicity pattern that had the cheerleader uniform but I had to modify it pretty heavily to make the top.  I used my Silhouette to cut the letters and sewed them on by had.  This thing really was a pain to make but it was so much fun to take figure out.  I'm still very glad that my daughter is a swimmer though.

3 comments:

  1. That little girl is going to be SO pleased!! You did a great job! (I love the socks from the previous post, too, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable.. Love it.. But ...oooh I hate when people ask me to do these kind of jobs.. I had rather be sewing the things I want to.lol
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the challenge of the first one. No mass production for me though.

    ReplyDelete

Followers