Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Looking Forward

Will there be a pattern buying frenzy on Jan 1, 2013 when I'm no longer trying to abstain?

The short answer is no.  The longer one is that I have a list of patterns that I'm interested in on pinterest and I'm sure that I will buy some in the coming year but I'm going to try to restrain myself unless I'm ready to start a project using that pattern.

I've also learned a lot about looking at line drawings this year and am committed to continuing to check my entire stash for similar patterns before buying new ones.  It really is amazing how many patterns are just basic designs dolled up with designer fabric and fancy photo effects.  Lately, when I need something I've been opening my Otto's to the line drawing page and looking there to see if the issue has what I need.

As for the year in review I think I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I learned from that.  Mostly, that I'm not a big fan of ironing and should focus on knit wear.  I also realized that I need to focus on sewing projects that I really want instead of participating in as many challenges as possible.  Don't get me wrong I still like Sew Weekly and Project Run and Play but I realized that many of the things I made for these challenges have not proven useful.  Instead I will be focusing on projects that I simply want to make.  Hopefully but Jan 1 I will have a better idea of what this will look like.  One thing is for sure though.  I will still be sharing my sewing adventures here.

1 comment:

  1. Your pinterest board is mostly adult patterns. Very interesting. I'd like to learn to sew for me; I just never have the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you "simply want to make" this coming year!

    ReplyDelete

Followers