Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wearability August

Underwear I'm guessing you won't be shocked to hear that these get a lot of wear.  I will say though I prefer the ones made out of cotton lycra to just jersey knit and I like fold over elastic (the good stuff not the JoAnns stuff) better then picot elastic.  I'm sure that I will be making more of the Emily sized ones since she is starting to outgrow some of her 2011 panties.  Much like with swim wear I recommend using the 3 step zig-zag stitch.
I like to make matching dresses for my friend Meridith's girls each year.  This year I made Emily a matching dress as well.  From what I hear the girls wore theirs a good bit and Emily wore her's as well.  I'm hoping that Emily's will fit next year.  I did mess up on Emily's a bit and put her name stencil wear the E fell on a dot of the exact same color so be careful with your stencil placement ladies.
I combined the patterns from the first two suits for this one and it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.  She wore it but the top elastic flips out.  I used wider elastic then I should have and it just didn't work super well. 
The look on my face sort of says it all here.  This was one of the patterns I bought this year and it really wasn't worth the purchase.  I did wear the blouse a bit but its a bit of a bear to iron and the pattern needs some serous tweaking if I want to make it again.  Oh well live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. I love to make matching dresses too..fun!! And I get to do it pretty often,since I have 4 grandaughters [and a set of twins included].
    I really like your librarian blouse too.
    I have never made underwear.. Too much trouble,I had rather buy them.lol
    Enjoying looking back at the stuff you have sewed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers