It took me three attempts to get what I think is a good fit for the v neck tee from my sewing with knits class. I ended up making a large with I think 4 inches of extra length. Since I was still figuring out the pattern I used some knits that I wasn't particularly attached too but would work well enough if the shirt worked. At this point I'm happy with the fit but according to my chest and hip measurements I should have easily been a medium and as it turns out the large is quite fitted and yes I retook them just to be sure.
Now that I've adjusted it I could see this becoming a go to pattern for me. Well as much as anything is a go to pattern since one of my favorite things about sewing is trying new patterns. Its going to be nice to have a basic tee that fits though even if I mostly use it to make sure things like the arm holes will work on new patterns.