Monday, January 21, 2013

Slightly updated review

This is not a huge post with pictures but I wanted to update my review of the Sewing With Knits class from craftsy.com.  I still love the hoodie pattern and have the fabric here to make another one soon.  I've got a v neck tee almost finished and now I think I like the fit but it took me 3 tries and making a size up from my chest measurement to get a good fit over my chest.  I also did the shorts last night and made a L which was for an inch larger then my waist and 2 inches larger then my hips.  The waist band was OK but the pockets pulled open in the shorts and looked bad.  I'm pretty sure there was negative ease built in which does not work well with side seam pockets.  Anyways, I've still learned a lot from the class and am still glad I got it but I wanted to warn any of you who might buy it based on my review that you may need to watch the sizing. I should have measured the pattern pieces if I had I would have caught this. I'm going to give the dress a go later this week and will let you know how it goes.  I hope it goes well bc I love the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers