Friday, February 8, 2013

polk a dot pants

I made these to replace the black skinny jeans that just don't quite fit Emily anymore.  They are the same pattern as these ruffle pants.  I wanted something quick, easy, but also cute plus the pattern was already traced so that saved some serious time.  I picked up the fabric out of the sale room at my favorite local store since Emily's love of polk a dots persists. 
For this pair I decided to do a paper bag waist.  It made them a bit shorter since I didn't decide to do it until after I had cut everything out and done most of the sewing.  I like the waist though and one of the things I like about ruffle pants is that they can be just a touch shorter without looking bad.  Hopefully we will wear these into the spring as cropped pants.
She is decidedly her mama's girl though bc the little bugger would not make a cute face with her shirt tucked in.
I'm going to get a bit more sewing done this week.  I have started her Valentines day dress.  I've got a hoodie cut out for myself and I'm dieing to make a peplum top.  The peplum might have to jump the cue after the V-day dress.  I also did my instructor demo today and it went well.  I should be doing some team teaching by next month and then we will see. 



1 comment:

  1. Adorable...Love the polka dot ruffle pants.. Emily is a very sweet model..[cute with the minnie mouse shirt.]

    ReplyDelete

Followers