Thursday, April 11, 2013

asymmetrical leggings

I've been on a bit of a pattern buying spree lately.  I still put a lot more thought into most purchases then I used to but I've also enjoyed the freedom.  This one was on sale a few weeks ago and despite having a few legging patterns floating around I liked the funny square flounces and didn't care to draft them myself.
These are from the Lil Blue Boo Asymmetrical Leggings pattern.  I made a 5/6 width and cut the 3T length so they would be capri length.  I sort of have mixed feelings about this pattern.  The fit is great, they went together well, and they were quick to make so I really don't have any complaints but....  It was a royal pita to tape the pdf together and I didn't like that it was billed as being two length and they were only 2 length in that she tells you to just cut a shorter length for capris.  So should you buy it?  I don't know?  Its a very good basic leggings pattern though and the ruffle things are super fun.  The directions for putting them together are also very good. 
Here is a close up of the ruffle things.  They really are not ruffles bc they are not gathered but they are super cute.
I used cotton lycra from Sewzannes for these.  I bought it to make a new dance leo but since she is totally over dance I decided she can make do with the leos that she has until June when she is officially done.  The too is from Target.  She has been pretty into graphic tees lately so rather then fight it I've been focusing my efforts on making cute bottoms. 



4 comments:

  1. They ARE cute! So is she officially over the dresses/skirts phase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still likes dresses and skirts a lot but she has become much more open to pants and shorts as well. I'm also having a lot of fun with pants and shorts since they were forbidden for so long.

      Delete
  2. On your pattern buying spree, did you happen to pick up a copy of the Roller Skate dress?! I ask because our tastes in sewing are so similar, and I'm just DYING to click 'buy now!' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan to get that one. I have the croquet dress and it feel too similar to me. I wanted to get some others with my Birthday discount at our local store but they are sold out of her size bracket in everything that I would buy so oh well. I bet you'd make good use of that one though. As she's getting bigger I love the 5-12 bracket it just feels like a better investment since so many stop at an 8.

      Delete

Followers