Friday, May 3, 2013

frogs

I know its easy to forget that I actually have 2 children.  Its just that Elijah is 10 now and he mostly wears athletic shorts and graphic tees.  I guess I could make those but really its just easier to buy them at Target.  He is a huge fan read as boarding on obsessive when it comes to frogs though and Emily spotted this frog fabric at my fav local store and wanted to get it for her brother.
Of course the problem was figuring out what to make.  He's really not interested in camp shirts out of wild prints so I decided on pj shorts.
These are the boy pj shorts from Ottobre 6/2011 in a size 152.  Gasp!  That's right my first baby is 5 feet tall.  He's also gotten so big and strong this year.  You can tell all the swimming is catching up to him.  He is really pleased with them he was just super tired from practice in these pictures.
Its a good pattern.  I didn't bother with the button fly but other then that its as is.  I did use both french and flat fell seaming  so they would not be scratchy inside.  Also just possible bc I didn't feel like re-threading my serger and it has pink thread in it at the time.  I really should sew more for him.  He's always so pleased when I do its just hard to figure out what to make for him.  I do have some tan ripstop perhaps a nice pair of shorts is in the future.  I think some mama sewing will happen first though.  We shall see I guess.  I'm still loving doing what I want.  This may have to become a permanent thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers