Thursday, June 13, 2013

What Would Remake it Month Look Like?

Hi all,
I just got back from a trip to see my family.  It was great but we are all wiped out.  Since my last post I've been pondering what a remake it month would look like for me.  Would I rather tackle projects that didn't go well the first time or those that did?  Even more then that which projects am I most interested in making again?  Those from a long time back or just last month?  Here are some of my ideas thus far.

The Jalie twist top.  I've made two both well before I started this blog.
This was the first.  I tried to do the tie back and when that didn't work I just left it open.  Its also a little snug in the back for my likings.  I've retraced the pattern 2 sizes up since Jalie patterns tend to have a lot of negative ease and made a truly not wearable muslin.  I would love to get some pretty 4 way stretch fabric and make at least one of these.

I bought my first ever Ottobre mostly for this pattern.  Technically, she has outgrown the size range but it ran so wide I think I could make it work with added length.  I also think my construction skills have improved drastically since I made this one.
Hammer pants.  I only wore these once or twice bc ITY is not breathable and I made them for yoga.  I'd love to make a black, gray, or navy bamboo pair.  I think those would get a lot of wear.  I really like this style for things like that much more then skin tight leggings.

I love this Onion dress but I'm always scared that I will pop the stitching putting it on.  Let's just say I've learned a lot more sewing with knits tricks in the past few years.  I'd like to make it out of bamboo as well and probably only knee length.  Maxi dresses are pretty hot around these parts and not always in the good way.
Last but not least the skirt that inspired the idea.  I need this skirt in dark denim.

So what do you think.  I'm leaning towards September as remake it month.  Would anyone be interested in playing along?  I sure am ready.  This really just scratches the surface when it comes to patterns that I'd like to do.  I'm also working on figuring out what fabrics and design elements cause me to wear certain pieces.



1 comment:

  1. I'm planning a re-make of the Children's Corner Sassy Skirt. But it's for a summer outfit, so it better be done before September.

    That twist top is cute. Sounds like most of your remakes are ones you liked the first time around.

    ReplyDelete

Followers