Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cherries and Lace

I seem to be having a bit of a love affair with Jalie 3245.  I find this funny because I was entirely unimpressed with it when it first came out.  That said this is my 6th version total and my first go at the raglan sleeves.  What can I say I'm in love and I'm sure there will be more of these this winter. I've already got the fabric to make another one with lace sleeves.
Both of these fabrics are from fabric.com I think last summer.  I originally ordered them to make underwear but decided I prefer cotton lycra for that so I sat them aside to be some sort of shirt.  
I really like everything about this pattern but mostly the fact that its got a girly cut but it isn't skin tight.  I think with my chest I look better in a shirt that curves in under there but I'm much more comfortable in a shirt that isn't super tight.

I will say the down side of remakes is that I don't always have much to say.  It went together well.  The only real change I made from the pattern was cutting the neck binding a bit wider so that it was easier to bind the neckline
.

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute.. I need to order that pattern.. I like the shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes a while for a pattern to grow on me, too. This is a super cute pattern and - you're right - the shape is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete

Followers