Saturday, September 28, 2013

Simple but Sweet

Emily is at a bit of a transitional age when it comes to just about everything and clothing is no exception.  She still loves her fancy dresses some days but she's also starting to want some more big girl clothes.  Oh joy I love trying to dress a little girl like a slightly more grown up girl not like well you all know what is out there these days.  With this going on my current favorite not so little anymore girl pattern is the Oliver and s Music Class Skirt.  I will try the blouse at some point but let me tell you the skirt is near perfection.  It has pockets, a bit of a ruffle, and is straight but not so straight that she can't sit on the floor.
I used the last of the denim from these shorts which as a side note have become pretty popular with Emily and a bit of floral bias tape.  I just couldn't stand the idea of making an absolutely plain denim skirt so the bias tape was just the thing.  I got mine in a swap but this etsy store has bunches of it and as soon as I run out I plan on ordering some from her.
Isn't she cute getting ready for to go to school in the morning.  She seems to really like this one so hopefully she will wear it though the winter.  I made a size 6 just like last time and I'm pleased with the whole thing including the length.  That said by the spring I bet I will be adding a bit to the length.

2 comments:

  1. Emily looks adorable. I love this skirt and so proud she does too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks great! The floral bias strip is a nice touch.:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers