Thursday, September 5, 2013

Simple Little Shorts

When it comes to sewing I often find myself torn between sewing practical basics and whatever fun new thing I'm excited about.  This is most true when it comes to basics that in addition to being practical are also a bit dull all the way around.  That pretty much sums up how I feel about these little shorts despite the fact that Emily needed a pair of slightly long plain shorts to wear with her over sized tee shirts.
Yawn... let me do my best to stay awake long enough to write this post.  Good thing I just had my afternoon coffee I guess.  Here goes.  The pattern is the little smarty pants from favorite things.  It is a great well written and well drafted pattern.  I made the capri length this spring and the shortened them to shorts for summer but we really needed a pair that would go with anything and well denim fits the bill there.  This denim was in my stash.  I got it on sale a few years ago and have enough left to hopefully make her a skrit as well.
She agreed to tuck her shirt in just long enough to get a picture of the waist band.  The fit is pretty good though she does have some room to grow.
Similar agreement with the back.  So now you know that I did the front and back pockets even though they will likely not see the light of day again.  Emily and I have been reading the Ramona books lately and for some reason these shorts and really this whole outfit seems very Ramona to me.

Hope you like.  Have any of you remade anything yet this month or are you all off having fun with your shinny new patterns?  Either way happy sewing.

1 comment:

  1. cute shorts! I love Ramona. Such a fun read.

    I'm working on shorts for K this week too.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers