Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Emily Dress

The new camera and I are still bonding so I didn't get many usable pictures of this one.  I think I had it in the wrong mode and probably should have turned on continuous  shooting so hopefully next time will be better.  Its still a super cute dress though.  It was one of the many ideas that I came up with during September but did not get finished before the end of the month.
This is the Farbenmix Henrika with Lil Blue Boo leggings.  I did not retrace the dress so its the same size I made for her Valentines Day Dress when she was 3.  I probably could have added a bit of length but since she is wearing it with leggings it will be just fine.  I added the full bell cuff this time but that was too long and bothered her so I cut them much shorter.
The striped fabric was in the box of fabric from my friend.  The yellow is from a solid color tee shirt I bought a while back for some reason or another and threw in the sewing room.  I bound the neck of this one with fold over elastic and put bias tape around the bottom.  I also stenciled the front with and Emily stencil from the silhouette online store.

The best thing about this dress is its twirl power which is probably my so many of my pictures were blurry.



2 comments:

  1. Cute! I think the size is perfect for her. What a nice friend to give you a box with that fabric in it :D beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers