Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Skirt that Inspired the Month

As many of you know last year I tried to go new pattern free.  I think I ended up buying 4 or 5 patterns last year but believe you me I lusted after a lot more.  One of those was Vogue 1247 in particular the skirt part of that pattern.  I'm reminding you of all of this so that you can understand how excited I was to give it a go a few months ago.  I made 2 muslins and used all of the techniques from the fitting course I bought from craftsy and then made a brightly striped skirt that fit well but really isn't my favorite and realized that as great as it would be in denim I was awful about reusing my patterns.  Well even though I haven't gotten as many remakes done as I wanted I am really enjoying re-imagining the patterns that I have here on hand and this skirt may be one of my all time favorite things that I have made.  I already have daydreams about making a wool one.
I bought this denim from fabric.com a good while ago.  Supposedly it is stretch denim but it doesn't really seem to be so it was prefect for this skirt since I fitted the skirt in a woven fabric with no stretch.
I couldn't resist using a cute scrap to line the pockets though.
Hope you all had some fun with remakes lately or perhaps this month has inspired you to think of some of your own.  I have a few more things coming bc I'm a bit better at thinking of fun things to sew then I am at actually getting them sewn.


2 comments:

  1. Super cute and it really fits well. I love the colorful secret pocket too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad I took the time to get the fit just how I like it on this one. Now I get why people have tnt patterns.

      Delete

Followers