Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Printed maxi

I have two of the three Alabama Chanin the first and the third.  One of my goals for this year was to really make a project out of the third.  Really as in not just use the pattern but also do the applique and beading.  I have not done that yet and at this point its looking like one of the many things that will be waiting till next year.  I actually made the reverse applique skirt from the first book several years ago and wear it regularly though somehow it has never been photographed and blogged about.  maybe soon but that is not what this post is about.  This post is about the maxi skirt I made using the pattern from Studio Style. 
I made a large and truth be told the midsection is tighter then I would want in the dress which is good to know since they are the same pattern.  It does stay up well though and I like it a lot.  It was too long even for me.  I ended up taking about an inch off the top since I prefer a lower rise and shortened the back since a train would not really work well with my day to day life.
I only bought 2 yards of this fabric so I had to do some creative seaming on the back.  This skirt takes a lot of fabric.  I also eliminated the seam in the front to keep from breaking up the print.  The fabric is double knit from Girl Charlie and I like it so much.  Its nice and thick but still has a good bit of stretch which is great for a fall winter skirt.

So in person I like this skirt a lot.  In photos I'm not so sure about the shirt which is two bad since I have 3 of them.  I'll keep wearing them but I so should have gotten a size smaller.  Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers