Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cutting

Like I said yesterday the big challange for me at least when it came to making Emily's Wahoo dress was cutting out the pieces.  I took a few pictures of the process.
I cut all 4 gores using the same pattern piece.  Well actually I cut one with the pattern piece and then used that one to cut the other 3 but that is beside the point.  Even in Emil's size I could only get one gore per shirt because the gores are large enough at the bottom that they wrap around to the front of the shirt.  If you look closely at the picture you can see that the shirt is folded mostly in half with the front part pulled out.  Depending on the shirt size this can get too hard to position.  When that happens I cut right down the front of the shirt and remove the sleeves so that everything can lay flat.
For the front and the back I just positioned the pattern piece over the image that I wanted to use.  The shirts I was using were larger then Emily's size so this worked well.
I used one tee for both sleeves.  I cut from the back since the picture I wanted was on the back.  The only trick is to make sure you position the sleeve piece low enough to avoid the front neck band.
That's all for now.  Hopefully, I will get this one sewn up in the next few days so I can share some pictures of the process.



1 comment:

Followers