Friday, December 27, 2013

My First Sweater

I've been itching to make a sweater since I got back to my knitting this fall so I decided it was time to bite the bullet and give it a try.  Well sort of at least.  I made Emily a sweater.  I felt like for my first attempt something a bit smaller might be nice.  I showed  her 4 different sweaters on Ravelry and she picked the tiny tealeaves cardi. 
Before I went yarn shopping I asked her what color she wanted and she picked pink.  I ended up selecting a pink from the Lion Brand Heartland collection.  I really wasn't sure what she would wear it with until she came down stairs wearing her first day of school tunic with nothing else.  Um little girl its winter and we always wear bottoms with tunics.  We ended up agreeing on adding the pink jeggings I made earlier this season and this little sweater matched  perfectly.  Yeah its an outfit.
The pattern was nice and straightforward.  I felt like I knew what to do at each step which was a big win for me.  The only part that doesn't look great is the front band.  I need to practice my technique when it comes to picking up stitches.

I'm calling this one a win.  Now on to making a grown up sweater.  Neil got me a whole bunch of purple yarn for Christmas and a set of circular needles so I have no excuses left.  I'll be starting a sweater for me today but I would imagine you will not be seeing it here as a finished product for some time.

1 comment:

  1. This sweater is beautiful!!!
    You did an excellent job.. and the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Followers