Thursday, February 6, 2014

Drapy Black Sweater


I know things have been super exciting here lately but alas I am flowing up my black top post with a drapy black sweater.  In my defense I have been without a black sweater since I left mine in the back of a rental car in Atlanta more then a year ago.  Its not like I couldn't have purchased one in the interim but I didn't really love the one I lost so I wanted to wait until I found one that I really liked.  I suppose I am still waiting but I got Jalie 3248 for Christmas along with some light drapy sweater knit so I figured it was time to take matters into my own hands. 

I was initially drawn to this pattern because of the pockets and they do not disappoint.  It took me a bit to figure out the construction directions but once I did they made perfect since.  Honestly, if I had read them to begin with instead of just looking at the pictures I would have probably gotten it much faster.
Here's a front view.  I've been trying to add some comfy lounge type clothing to my wardrobe lately and this outfit is surely an example of that.  I do think the sweater could work with fancier clothes as well though.
Here is a side/back view.  I sort of wish it covered my butt but its just not long enough do do that on me.  I could add some length but I probably won't.

Generally I like this pattern and plan to make it again.  The only thing I don't love is that even though I sized up it doesn't really meet in the middle.  I don't think its meant to but since I have a larger chest this means the sweater often falls to the outside of the girls.  On a side not looking at some of the pictures I think I should start tucking sometimes.  I'm realizing that the pants are making my stomach and hips look bigger then they are and lets be honest here I certainly don't want that.

On a stash diet note I used most of a 3 yard piece of fabric for this. I've also made myself a brown top but haven't worn or photographed it just yet. 


 

1 comment:

Followers