Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sailor Dress love

Forgive me this is another post where I didn't actually sew anything.  The thing I love most about the online sewing community is how inspiring I find everyone's work.  On that note if you haven't seen the lovely dresses that SewBlessedMaw made her granddaughters for Easter you really should.  They have left me searching for just the right sailor dress pattern for Emily.  Want to help me choose? 
I love this one from the 1960s.  I would do the skirt and short sleeve top I think though I love the shorts and sleeveless top as well.

As a child of the 80s (born in the 70s but coming of age in the 80s) I love this Annie one.  I could do the long sleeve dress for winter or do the top and just make my own skirt.
This one is from the 1940s.  I'm not sure if I like the suspender skirt better or the top out over the longer skirt.  Not a fan of unmarked patterns though.  Maybe its time to be brave again.
Then there's this one with the sundress and top.  Emily is not a huge jacket fan so I don't know how she would feel about this one but I like the idea.
I'm a fan of this one too but I'm worried a 5 would be pushing my luck.  Emily is still very skinny but she's such a string bean I'm guessing I'd have to do a good but of length figuring.  It would make a lovely fall/winter church outfit though.
One last one.  Just love the full skirt here and the 3/4 sleeves.

All of these are for sale on Etsy so its perfectly fine if you end up buying one out from under me.  Regardless I'd love to know which is your favorite.  I can't decide.  Probably means I don't need one but I'm on a making sure I make cute things while Emily will still wear them kick and I can't believe I've never done a sailor dress.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Stehphanie.. Love the sailor outfits.. they are so cute on little girls.
    I really like all the patterns.. so hard to choose? I really like the little annie dress, but love the sun dress with the jacket..but if Emily doesn't do jackets, that would probably not work] ha.
    Have fun choosing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE sailor dresses, vintage or otherwise. I like the skirt on the 2nd Annie pattern. My preference would be to find something that was a dress rather than two pieces. I bought this https://www.etsy.com/transaction/72824093 vintage sailor pattern on Etsy awhile ago, but never got around to making it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers