Tuesday, May 6, 2014

dinner take 2


Laura Anne's beef stuff
Brown one onion and a pound of ground beef together. Spoon off the fat. Add one jar of whatever kind of spaghettis sauce you like, mix with cooked macaroni and whatever veggies the kids like. Bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour, add cheese to top and bake until melted. Make ahead and freeze.

I ended up leaving out the onion bc I thought we had some but we didn't.  I chopped some zucchini and carrot in my food processor and added it to the beef.  All went well and all ate dinner.
 

Worlds Best Chicken
http://rachelschultz.com/2012/07/11/worlds-best-chicken/

Turns out this was our first sort of fail.  Neil and I liked it but the mustard taste was too much for the kids. I served it with roasted carrots and zucchini.

Chicken ParmCasserole
 http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2008/02/end-of-chicken-parmesan-as-you-know-it.html

I made this using real fresh mozzarella and the leftover stuffing mix from last week.  It was great.  

Potato Pancakes with Big Chunk Apple Sauce

This is a Trader Joe's thing.  We use their frozen potato pancakes with a jar of big chunk applesauce, and sour cream.  Its yummy, the kids like it, and its easy.

Neil and Elijah made Cream of Mushroom Soup from the Julie Child cookbook and it was incredible.  Eaten well by all.

Taco Nachos for May 5th.

All from Trader Joes Nacho chips, ground beef, pineapple salsa, yogurt guac, cheese, sour cream, and refried black beans.  I browned the beef and added a can of fire roasted tomatoes, cumin, chilli powder, and corn.  Then I set it all up on the counter and everyone had some but not all of the options.  Don't worry we will finish the lasts bits off later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers