Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pink Eyelet Ruffles

I let Emily pick some fabric out of my stash for a dress.  She picked a pink boarder print eyelet that had been hanging out in there for a few years now.  I really wasn't sure what to do with it since the border ran down both sides so it needed somthing with staright edges and not a whole lot of length.  I ended up deciding on desigh 22 from Ottobre 3/2006.
I thought the ruffles would be fun even though I ended up not having enough to do all three ruffles out of the boarder.  The center ruffle is cut from the middle of the fabric.  The rest of the dress in made from a pink and green floural print that has also been hanging out in my stash for years.
I made her some cute little matching shorts to go under the skirt.  The eyelet is a little seethrough and I make her wear playground shorts to school anyways so this seemed like an easier solution.
The pattern is actually pretty easy.  It runs a touch wide but I think that works well with the style.  Its actually the 2nd time




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers