Monday, July 28, 2014

blue and red

I think I've said this before but my friend Meredith gave me a whole bunch of fabric last summer.  I always love when people give me free fabric but there also always seem to be a few challenging pieces in any set.  In this case Meredith pulled out two pieces of wild red and aqua blue fabric and starting talking about how she thought they would make a pretty dress.  All I could think was that I would never have bought either much less put the wild prints together even if they were from the same collection.  Well as it turns out she was right and I was wrong.  I made her older daughter a birthday dress using those two fabrics and by the time it was finished I almost kept it for Emily.
This is a feliz dress from Sewing Clothes Kids Love.  I added I little bit of jumbo ric-rac in the front and with ric-rac around the bottom.
Usually I'm not a fan of working with plaid fabric but it turns out the lines made sewing the elastic casing so much easier.
Here is a close up of the front.  Both mama and daughter love the dress so I'm glad I didn't have time to whip up something else and keep it for myself.



3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! And you know I love the rickrack too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feliz dress pattern ..I have that pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Feliz! And I love those prints together!

    ReplyDelete

Followers