Sunday, July 6, 2014

summer break

Well it seems as if I've taken a blog break.  I really didn't plan too but life has been full and we've been enjoying some much needed family time.  Here are some highlights of the last bit.
Emily finished Kindergarten.  I didn't make her a new outfit for this but she did wear an outfit that I made her so that's a win.
We inherited a guinea pig.  One of or swim coaches was moving cross country from grad school and couldn't take Muffin with her so we took her.  She is fitting in well and the kids just love her.
I made Emily another pair of vintage pjs this time using the super cute bloomer bottoms.
Elijah swan the 2K at NC Open Water this year.  He said it was hard.
Elijah finished 5th grade and is off to middle school in just a few weeks now.
He also went to sleep away camp again.  Not surprisingly he spent most of his time swimming there as well.
Our swim teams pool finally got finished a opened.  It was a long wait but totally worth while.  Remember most of these kids swam outdoors in a heated pool through the winter.
Emily was just a little bit excited.
So I've got a few projects in the works I'm sure I'll post about them eventually but in the mean time I hope you all have a happy summer.









2 comments:

  1. Have missed your post, but so happy you are having a fun summer with your family..
    The kids are really growing..
    Loved the vintage pj's .adorable..
    Enjoy your summer vacation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm sure I'll be back into the swing of things soon.

      Delete

Followers