Thursday, August 21, 2014

Christmas Skirts

I've posted a few times about the fabric my friend Meredith gave me last year but perhaps my favorite part was a bag full of vintage Christmas fabrics.  Some large pieces and some small but a lot of unique prints that I don't think are even out there anymore.  She said she picked it up at a church yard sale.  I guessing someone has planned to make a quilt but never quite got around to it.  We can all relate to that right? 

Well I meant to make all 3 girls Sudoku skirts for Christmas last year but ran out of time.  This year I decided to make them in July.
These things took forever but they were fun to make.  The only change I made to the pattern was using knit for the waistband.
I went ahead and made the largest size in hopes that at least Emily will get a few year out of this one.  When Christmas rolls around I plan on using my Silhouette to make her an applique tee to go with the skirt.  Don't worry Meredeth if you give me shirts for the girls I will make them applique tees as well. 


3 comments:

  1. Smart girl.. Christmas sewing done ..yea..
    These skirts are adorable. The tee's will be so cute with them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers